Articles Tagged with Whirlpool

A North Carolina man burned to death when his refrigerator overheated to more than 1,000 degrees and a fireball blasted into him as he opened it, his family claims in court.

As reported in the Courthouse News Service, Jane Walker Payne sued Whirlpool Corp. on behalf of Ashley Alvin Walker, in Randolph County Superior Court.

In March 2002, Walker bought a Whirlpool refrigerator which had a defective heating element pin in its icemaker, according to the complaint.

Contact Information