The mother of a teenager who died from cardiac arrhythmia last year is blaming his death on Monster Beverage. In a lawsuit filed Tuesday, accordnig to AP, she alleges that his death was caused by habitually drinking the company’s energy drink.
Nineteen-year-old Alex Morris went into cardiac arrest during the early morning of July 1 and was was pronounced dead at the hospital. The lawsuit filed in Alameda County Superior Court alleges Morris would not have died if he did not drink two cans of Monster’s energy drink every day for the three years before his death, including the day he died. Morris’ mother, Paula Morris, is listed as a plaintiff in the case.
The lawsuit comes after the family of 14-year-old Anais Fournier of Maryland also sued the company last year after she consumed two 24-ounce cans of Monster and died.