As reported in the Louisiana Record, a customer at Deanie’s Seafood asserts that he ingested a spider while eating a platter of seafood.
Lee Taylor filed suit against Chifici Enterprises Inc. and Deanie’s Seafood in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Feb. 18.
On Feb. 23, 2014 Taylor was dining at Deanie’s Seafood in New Orleans when he ordered and consumed a platter of seafood which allegedly contained a spider. Taylor claims that he did not become aware of the spider until he ate a portion of it. As a result, Taylor contends he became extremely ill and distressed.
The defendants are accused of serving food containing a foreign contaminant, allowing a spider to remain in the plaintiff’s food despite prior knowledge, and failing to take the proper steps to remove the spider.
Taylor is seeking upwards of $75,000 in damages for pain and suffering, emotional turmoil, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of wages, decline in future income and medical expenses.
The plaintiff is representing himself.